- Establish yourself as an expert
- Make your business approachable
- Drive traffic to your website
- Create a community
ALWAYS: Your process
ALWAYS: Your work
ALWAYS: Your vision or purpose
ALWAYS: Advice and/or tutorials
ALWAYS: Answer questions
ALWAYS: Ask questions
ALWAYS: Industry news
- 54th election: 0.51%
- 55th election: 2.46%
- 56th election: 7.27%
- 57th election: 3.86%
A few final caveats
- Don't use your blog to air any dirty laundry. About anyone or anything. Save it for that most blessed form of ephemeral communication: in-person.
- When you tell jokes, try to ensure YOU are the butt to avoid hurting the feelings of current or potential clients.
- Pay attention to the Never and Maybes on your social media channels. Many times your clients are also your "friends" on Facebook. When you change your profile pic to reflect your political views, you are posting politics to your clients.